I get amused when people tag me. Seeing as I’m the Queen of TMI [I am working hard to relinquish my Queendom of technobofia], I can’t think what anyone would want to know that I haven’t already told them. 🙂
So. For Mo. 10 true things about myself. I’m at a point where I’m bored of being ‘deep’, so I shall try to keep it light.
1. I like mirrors. No, scratch that. I love mirrors. And the room I’m staying in has lots of them. Hence, right now, I feel fat and ugly.
2. I’m 5 feet 5-and-a-half inches tall. That’s taller than all the men I’ve ever worked with. My company has a thing for short men. Go figure. And most men in Dar look up to me, in more ways than one. 😉
3. I was at the kiosk outside the hotel jana buying oranges, and I saw a weighing scale where I could check my weight for a sock. [That’s like 5 bob Kenyan]. So I did. 69 kg. I’m so upset that I totally missed the cue to giggle. I feel fat and ugly.
4. I’m at a workshop with lots of good food. I’m trying to ration myself, but they have this banana cake and custard and chocolate bitings and croissants and french toast and…well, i feel fat and ugly.
5. I went to the office yesterday to get some files out of my computer. My workmates were all snapping at me coz i’m in a fancy hotel and they’re not. I’ve been away 2 days. They all commented on my weight. Hence I feel fat and ugly.
6. There’s this Indian manager at the hotel who is always smiling and looking at me like that. I like being looked at like that. But I really wish he was someone else. Plus, I am having my worst bad-hair week in yonks, and I feel fat and ugly. Hence, I cannot understand why said Indian keeps looking at me like that. Puzzled is me.
7. I’m trying to get over this one guy. It’s hard. He’s everything I ever wanted, and it’s hard to recover from that. I’m scared I won’t meet anyone who’ll measure up. It’s so easy to like this guy. I’m afraid to let him go, but I have no choice. Help!
8. Last night my fellow workshoppers ordered chinese rice, thai egg fu yong, buttered chicken rolls and kachumbari [and they were furious when they got salad instead .] Me, I ordered a beef burger. What.
9. I need to join a gym. I feel fat and ugly.
10. I like mild heavy metal. Yes, I am aware that there is no such thing. Doesn’t mean I can’t like it.
I tag KK, because he is one of my favourite people, one of the most gifted writers I know, and because for some strange reason, he enjoys being tagged. There you go Love. **tap tap** You’re it.