I’ve been blogging since 2007, and I swore I’d never do a tag again, but sometimes it’s cool to make exceptions for new friends, especially if they’re as adorable as this one. He always maintains eye contact and his mind is beautifully deep. It’s not romantic or sexual. In fact, I’m not sure what it is, but he’s adorable, and I always read his blog, even when I’m too distracted to comment. Speaking of which, I need to go give my take on his last four posts, just in case he’s feeling neglected. *cheeky grin*
I’m not tagging anyone though. It’s the principle of the thing. So, here are 7 things about me.
- I have a chronic case of TMI, and I’ve lost a lot of [online] friends because of it. It makes me sad sometimes, and angry other times because I feel like anyone complaining about it is trying to fix or change me and I don’t think I’m broken.
- I’m the kind that walks away. When I feel hurt or someone frustrates me, I shut down and leave, often in mid-sentence. Usually, the person will notice that I just stopped talking to them, but they’ll never really know why. It’s a strange thing because I consider myself a warm person, but this one tendency makes me appear cold. I call it my bitch-switch, and I never really know how or when it will be triggered. You’ve been warned…
- If the person is important enough, I’ll bottle up my negative emotions and then one day I’ll explode on them and vent and they’ll wonder where the hell it came from. Generally, I do this when I care for the person and feel that I’m hurting them, so the rant is subconsciously calculated to make them leave so I won’t have to. It generally works. Sad though that I end up being meanest to the ones I love most.
- I analyse everything. Hello is never just hello to me. I’m currently analysing the fact I’m a hermitic-antisocial-self-sufficient-lone-ranger in most things, yet I’m extremely dependent in relationships.
- I don’t get along very well with girls. They scare me. I do, however, know a hot girl when I see one, and that – combined with my chronic TMI and butch-like tendencies – makes some people think I’m gay.
- I embrace and am known for my trademark pink headphones even though I hate the colour pink. In the words of my boss, ‘Just go with it.’
- I recently discovered that I possess a blank-slash-shocked expression. I’ve had several people get … unsettled … while they’re talking to me. I’m not sure what look I give them exactly, and I’d like to watch my reflection once and see the expression for myself. Sadly, I can never quite tell when I’m wearing it. The said look has elicited the following reactions:
- (a) One boss asked if I could understand him, because I was staring at him blankly, so he wondered if he had accidentally lapsed into mothertongue.
- (b) Two bosses asked why I always look so shocked during briefings.
- (c) Two other bosses asked if I think I’m a genius and they’re idiots because I’m looking at them like I know what they’re saying before they say it. Both bosses were trying to teach me new skills.
- (d) My grandmother said a person can’t lie to me when I’m looking at them like that. I was eight at the time.
- (e) One boss – female – demanded I stop staring and get the eff out her office. She didn’t last very long.
I’ve spent fifteen minutes deciding how to end this post, since I don’t really want to tag anyone, so I’ll close with this. I like boys whose names start with A. You know, like Andrew, Aden, Anthony, Adrian, Arthur, and so on. I’m not sure if it’s about the names or the boys, but if you’re a boy and your name starts with an A, consider yourself tagged. The end.
♫ Remember the name ♫ Fort Minor ♫